Friday, April 30, 2010

You Say Tomato.


No wonder we get Mommy Madness.
I spent one full hour trying to solve a riddle with the baby the other day.

She woke from her nap demanding "SOUP"
When the baby asks for food I always get a little bit excited (eating is still not high on her agenda)
So I scooped her up and headed for the kitchen.

She started to cry.
"SOUP, SOUP, SOUP!" she wailed.

"Yes lovey, mommy just has to make it" I soothed.
(You all know I mean open the carton and heat it up right?)

"Noooooooooooooooooo! SOUP!"

As previously mentioned this went on for ONE HOUR so I will spare you the full dialogue.
Suffice to say she was very distressed and frustrated and I was feeling like the worlds worst mom.

I had a light bulb moment.

"Show me."
She showed me - it would have been great if I had remembered that little trick say, 59 minutes earlier.
She showed me the swimming bag.

Soup, as it turns out, is suit - short for swimsuit.

Because I can't seem to get beyond the hope I can reason with a toddler, I explained we were not going swimming.
Five minutes later she is in her 'soup' which she has accessorized with rain boots.

She has been wearing that outfit for 28 hours now.

It's a crowd pleaser - which should ensure she wears it for at least another 36.
She still hasn't eaten any soup.

5 comments:

  1. Once again, although surely unintentional on your part, you've given me my daily chuckle (at your expense). Love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Happy Saturday Sharefest! Dropping by from SITS! I enjoyed several of the posts I've read here, so I've decided to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a toddler whose requests are similarly cryptic, and a 3-year-old who wears her rain boots at any opportunity -- except rain. You, poor soul, seem to have combined both afflictions in one child. Thank goodness you have patience and a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post totally cracked me up. I remember those days... we have to be detectives 24/7, deciphering an entirely new language and in a hurry... for fear of going mad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time i come to your blog and really impressed.
    post free classifieds

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment.