Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hear No Evil


You know that guilt that I was going to ditch? The guilt that I preach loudly about being pointless.
Well, that guilt is living in my personal space. I can't shake it. Why? Two words - ear plugs.

Before I had babies, I had heard other parents talk about using ear plugs. I will now admit - I judged them. I thought it heartless to shut out your kids cries. I could not comprehend how you could do it.
Last night - I did it. It was great. Really - great.

The 11 month old is doing really well with sleep since we got back but she does wake around 3am. Usually she cries until I go to her and then will settle back to sleep after about half an hour of attention.
I decided I was encouraging a very bad habit. Last night I decided to break it.

As with many things I dread and feel horribly guilty about - it worked. She cried for less than 5 minutes and to my muffled ears she did not cry very hard. If she woke again, I simply did not hear her.
She woke smiley and apparently rested. Am I evil?

Just for the record, I'm not actually looking for you to answer that - unless you agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.