Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aliens Among Us


Someone has stolen my kids. Not literally - no need to call 911.
There are two children in my house - I'm just not sure they're mine.

My children are sweet and jolly. Sometimes naughty but not every day.
My children sleep at least some of the time. They eat with hearty appetites and even although one of them is only 10 months old, tears are not a regular feature. So who are the two kids here today?

The six year old is grumpy and super sassy. The 10 month old is either crying or screaming and crying.
Neither have eaten much of anything and I think we have a grand tally of 4 hours sleep between us in the last 24 hours.

OK, so the 10 month old is teething and the six year old is having sympathy pains - in her tummy, head, ankle or toe - depending on when you ask her. Quite frankly, I think it's no excuse.
Especially as it's the weekend. We had plans - they included sleep.

I know from past experience that MY children will return eventually - I'm just wondering if I have enough Xanax.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. It's almost as if there is a cycle. Every so many weeks life as you know it has to completely come unglued. Just about the time you're starting to forget how bad it was and get complacent - wham! It'll happen again.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment.