Friday, January 21, 2011

We Interrupt This Presentation.....


It has been my intention to store a few posts for the times when I am too tired, too busy, or as is currently the case, unwell.

There have been times when my head is so full of posts I could have written three or four at one time.
Like I say it was my intention.

I have been in a lot of pain. I have been putting every ounce of energy into being a nice mom.

My preference would have been to check into a facility where I could have daily chiropractic and acupuncture treatments.
Maybe a massage after my nap. Someone serving me delicious meals.

Instead, I have been trying to find original ways to avoid picking up or carrying the two year old without hurting her feelings.
"Uppie. uppie, uppie" is her favorite phrase. Sitting on my hip is her favorite place.

I have been exerting an enormous amount of effort into not being cranky. (Mostly unsuccessfully.)

I am trying to retain a sense of humor about it but really it's exhausting.
Motherhood has never challenged me more.

I am stuck in a trap. I need to put huge effort into looking after myself.
I need to look after the children regardless.
It feels like it's all on me.
I want someone to look after me for a change.
Parenting is all about giving and because you'd do anything for your children it feels OK, even good to do it.
Most of the time.

When you are sick or (temporarily) disabled it is just an endless chore and I do mean endless.

I am just clinging to my mantra -
This too shall pass.

Funny posts are in my future - hang in with me and thanks for all the supportive comments.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Joy, you poor thing. I somehow missed your previous post until today. I'm so sorry to hear about your pain - that is simply the pits. Being told to rest, as a mom, is truly laughable. Do you have sitters or friends that can pitch in? I've recently decided that I NEED them. I have them come a few times a week for 1-3 hours at a time, and the expense is so worth it. Think about it, if you can. Just knowing you have some relief helps so much. In the meantime, I'm sending you healing vibes and hoping you feel better pronto tanto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? In the midst of your misery WE are not your first priority?? To entertain and enlighten us? For shame.

    Girlfriend, get that neck and shoulder back in order and focus on what you need to focus on to get healthy and HAPPY again. We love you and we'll be here waiting patiently until you get your mojo back.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better! Hopefully sooner rather than later!! Maybe there is a nice school age neighbor that could come play with the two year old for a few hours here and there. Their hips and backs don't feel the baby weight like ours and the kids love the attention an older child will give them. Kids come cheap too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment.