Friday, May 8, 2009

Buff baby.


Yesterday, the baby had her one year check up. I find these things such a mixed bag of emotions. It's great to find out how much she has grown and how many milestones she has met. On the flip side there's vaccinations. Holding your precious baby while they stick her and watching her trusting eyes tear up is, quite frankly, brutal.
She recovered in about 3 seconds, I'll need a week - or two.

That would be more than enough but the baby is underweight. We've been working on it for a while but it's a tough challenge. She's growing in every other way so there's no real concern. However, I'm a mom so it's been niggling at me.
I seriously considered putting rocks in her diaper to cheat the weight check - just so I wouldn't have to stress about it. Then I remembered they weigh her naked. Rocks in her mouth maybe?

The pediatrician wants me to give her butter. As much as I can get in her. Handily, I'm Scottish so adding a pound of butter to all foods comes naturally. I'm just trying to work out how to get butter into grapes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.