Friday, March 20, 2009

All We Are Saying...


Can we call a truce?
I have been reading lots of mommy blogs and online chats forums. God knows I understand sleep deprivation. I also have an intimate and personal relationship with my hormones - so I know their potential to cause havoc. But come on people, stop being so mean!

When a parent posts with a rant, they are actually looking for a little love. They're fishing - for support, or a cyber hug. Someone to tell them it'll all be OK. We all know how hard it can be. Did we loose the ability to be compassionate?
Did our supportive, sympathetic gene leave with the placenta?

I know that when you give every last ounce of patience you have to your little one - you may genuinely have none left. So, don't play with the other parents until you have some more built up.

Some of the stuff I read was downright hateful. I find it sad. I know that I have started to lean towards tree hugging but I still have a 'Hard Hearted Hannah' side. If I think it's mean - it's bad.

If you're so angry, frustrated or bored that you tell a stranger all their shortcomings, perhaps it's time to look in the mirror. (Oh no, now I have that Michael Jackson song stuck in my head.)

Even if you vehemently disagree with what's been said, try replying with a kindness or try stepping away from the computer.
It gives me a fluffy bunny and flowers image - that's, quite frankly, very appealing.

This John Lennon moment was brought to you by eight hours of sleep and two, finally well, and happy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.