Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grandparents Day!


If you are lucky enough to have Grandparents in your life - today is the day to celebrate them. I'm sure this is a 'Hallmark' generated celebration but since my Granny was my most favorite person to date - I'm going to go with it.

The kid's Grandparents (we have three actual and one honorary) all live in another country but there is no mistaking the twinkle in the kid's eyes when we get on the phone. They LOVE their Grandparents. It's a very special relationship.

If you are spending time with Grandma today, swing by the bookstore first and get a copy of 'Because I love Her.' by Andrea N. Richesin. It's a beautiful book and the perfect gift for Grandma. You can also order it via my Amazon link.

Yes, this is a shameless plug for a friend of mine - but it really is a good read and Grandma will love it.

We will be celebrating by baking - something the kids do with Grandma when they are together and by doing magic tricks - Grandad's favorite activity.
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I miss my grandmother so much. I think Grandparents day is a good idea even if it is a Hallmark generated holiday.

    Stopping by from SITs. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment.